Cannot install any version of 2.2

Last Updated:

1. bobdwtt

bobdwtt Member This Topic's Starter

The OTA downloaded but failed to install on my X running rooted 2.1 and nextheme. No apps deleted or other mods of any kind. I removed the theme and decided to go with the leaked version rather than deal with new restrictions on the OTA. I tried installing the stock 2.2 version in rom manager and it failed. I wiped the phone and rerooted and installed bootstrap and rom manager then tried again and it failed. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Advertisement
  2. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Well-Known Member

Thats weird... if you sbf'd back to 2.1 and then rooted and installed ROM manager and then tried to install his 2.2 from there it should work. Thats exactly what I did just now, but then I went to Tranquility 2.2.13 and 2.2.15

bobdwtt likes this.
  3. bobdwtt

I don't know what I'm missing I'll try again. Thanks!

4. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

Make sure you click on 'Flash ClockworkMod Recovery' and choose Droid X in Rom Manager, also open Koush's bootstrap and clock on 'Bootstrap Recovery'. Then exit booth apps, reopen RM--> download ROM--->Stock Images

5. SimsDelt

Oh yeah... forgot that... you have to go into Koush's bootstrap loader and click the top button first... then do all the downloading through ROM manager... I forgot that yesterday and couldn't figure out why when it rebooted it just went back the OS and didn't run the bootstrapper.

6. bobdwtt

Got that part right the first time around. Now I have set up everything and flashed the sbf and the sbf failed. Now I'm really confused.

EDIT: Phone works perfectly. I just cant flash the sbf or get to froyo.

7. SimsDelt

If a sbf flash failed in mid flas it would temporarily brick your phone till you flashed it again. You may not even have the right drivers or the correct .ini file in rsdlite. If the phone works after a failed flash, you never got close to actually flashing it. Can some link the tutorial for.flashing the sbf file. Im on my droid now and don't have access to it.

8. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

you don't really have to flash .sbf to upgrade. as long as you have stock, rooted 2.1 you an upgrade with rom manager

9. bobdwtt

I only wanted to flash as a last resort. When trying to install through rom manager I get.

Finding update package....
    Opening update packagee...
    Installing update...
    Verifiying current system...
    asert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/BlurAlarmClock.apk"

E:Error in /sdcard/clockworkmod/download/doush.tandtgaming.com.motorola.droidx/droidx_rootedfroyo.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

10. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

gotta remove the theme. look for fab's universal theme remover.

bobdwtt likes this.
  11. SimsDelt

Yup. Had tha problem originally too. When it says stock it means it. Fully.sttock with no themes or bloagware removed.

12. SimsDelt

Sorry, I was typing on my X before, thats why all that was jacked up text. I just find .sbf easier than trying to get back to full stock by removing themes too. And it insures you are back to the starting point. I just use TiBu or MyBackup (more user friendly) to back up everything (data and apps). I then sbf'd back to 2.1, rooted using universal androot, flashed 2.2 stock using Rom Manager. (if you want to go further I then flashed 2.3.13 then 2.3.15 using Black hat's app.)

bobdwtt likes this.
  13. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

Since I started using my X so much for typing my typing on my pc has goota much worse, no auto punctuation or fixing my fat fingered words

14. bobdwtt

I had used Fab's return to stock.zip. Maybe there were remnants of the theme remaining because it "appeared" to have been removed. The SBF problem was a driver issue. I used a different computer and flashed just fine. All is well now thanks to everyone for the help.