• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot install apps using HTC Sync and other problems

halcyondays

Apr 29, 2010
Up until today i have had no problems with my Desire, then i tried to sync my phone with HTC Sync and the phone couldn't see the software. done the usual and checked and double checked i had the right settings, also un installed it and re installed from the SD card and it see's it but won't allow apps to be installed from my pc
80004005 is the error i get when clicking on the application installer in HTC Sync.

I have tried the updated HTC sync from HTC website and that won't even install to my PC, i get an error when clicking the .exe

All this was working fine yesterday and now somethings wrong :mad:

Any ideas guys?

Up until today i have had no problems with my Desire, then i tried to sync my phone with HTC Sync and the phone couldn't see the software. done the usual and checked and double checked i had the right settings, also un installed it and re installed from the SD card and it see's it but won't allow apps to be installed from my pc

I have tried the updated HTC sync from HTC website and that won't even install to my PC, i get an error when clicking the .exe

All this was working fine yesterday and now somethings wrong :mad:

Any ideas guys?

Try plugging the phone in a different usb port, that usually works

Reactions: halcyondays
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones