• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot install whatsapp (says there is insufficient storage)

theodorepm

Lurker
Feb 20, 2012
Hello,
I have an HTC Sensation Vodafone edition
I know that similar topics have been posted on this forum, yet they were all relating to rooted devices and my device is not rooted. I had previously installed whatsapp yet when I tried to update it it said that my phone had insufficient storage ( I have 300mb free on the internal memory and 500 mb on the sd card). So I tried to uninstall it and now I can not reinstall it, as it says that my phone has insufficient storage. I have tried clearing the updates, cache and data from the play store and this has not helped. I have also tried installing the app from the .APK file and I get the same error message.
Does anyone know of anything I can do appart from Factory resetting my phone?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Hello,
I have an HTC Sensation Vodafone edition
I know that similar topics have been posted on this forum, yet they were all relating to rooted devices and my device is not rooted. I had previously installed whatsapp yet when I tried to update it it said that my phone had insufficient storage ( I have 300mb free on the internal memory and 500 mb on the sd card). So I tried to uninstall it and now I can not reinstall it, as it says that my phone has insufficient storage. I have tried clearing the updates, cache and data from the play store and this has not helped. I have also tried installing the app from the .APK file and I get the same error message.
Does anyone know of anything I can do appart from Factory resetting my phone?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Are you trying to install whatsapp from the play store? if so try to download from your phones browser, if not try downloading from the play store.

Can you download other apps from the play store?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones