1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Cannot make calls from Android 4.2

1. marceros

marceros New Member

Hi,

I have a Galaxy Nexus, international version, that came with Android 4.1...

Everything worked perfect until this morning I got a message saying that a System Update is ready. I accepted and when finished the update I couldn't make regular calls any more. Calls through internet providers like Skype work OK and I also receive phone calls but no way to place a call.

Any ideas?

Thanks much,
    Marcelo

Advertisement
    :
  2. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

I would do a factory reset and check it before you put all your apps back on the phone.

I read something about another bug in that search was force closing. I think it was search. But if that's the case, seems 4.2 isn't very stable.

Personally, I would just flash aokp. If your rooted that is.
  3. GrenW

GrenW Well-Known Member

Have you checked that your APN settings were retained?

In settings under 'more...' / mobile networks
  4. marceros

marceros New Member

Hello all,

Thanks for your responses.

After wasting all day trying things and asking people I tried to switch sim cards with a friend. My simcard worked perfectly in his cellphone and his simcard worked perfectly in mine. I decided to call the provider technical people again, after in the morning they comvinced me that the problem is in the telephone and it's not their responsibility. After explainig them the news, the nice representative told me to come to their lab and get a new simcard. I asked "Why?" and she said that sometimes that solves the problem.

I did that and the new simcard works OK. How come? Don't know.

Thanks anyway and see you next time.

Marcelo