• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Cannot Mount SD Card" Help!

virgopunk

Lurker
Jul 29, 2010
I've just a brand new Galaxy S. I put it on charge this morning after it drained and when I powered up it stated that it was unable to read either the internal SD or the external SD. I really don't want to have to send it back if I can avoid it. Does anyone know if this is a user-faxable problem? Would a factory reset solve the problem?I grately appreciate any advice.Thanks.

ive had my galaxy s for about 3 weeks now, and yesterday it also said it could not mount my sd card. i pulled out my card plugged it into my friends blackbrry and i could veiw all my files, i then plugged their sd card into my phone and i could see their stuff. so i figured there was some sort of corrupted file between my device and the sd card i formatted the card, and it hasnt changed a thing, still wont mount. and my galaxy prefers any other sd card then mine. althought the sd card works in other phones im not really sure whats going on.. and i really dont want to buy another 16gb card..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones