• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot preview/open attachments in Gmail app

Mischka7

Apr 9, 2010
Hi all,

I have a non-rooted 2.2 Inc with the 2.3 version Gmail app. Since updating to 2.3, I can no longer preview/download attachments. The app gets stuck on "Fetching Attachment" and eventually force closes. I've sought help from Google but there's no official answer to this issue.

Does anyone here have any advice? I've even gone so far as to do a factory reset, but to no avail. Like many of you, the Incredible is my workhorse on the road and I desperately need the ability to open attachments.

Thanks all,
Mischka

Mischka7, did you get this fixed? I too can't open attachments in GMail 2.3.4.1

As of a week or so, my attachments no longer open, whether .doc or .pdf etc. The Sorry! message says Quickoffice has stopped unexpectedly. (Also unable to open Voice Search as well.) Not sure how to get it all working again!

Thanks for any advice!
BK99

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones