cannot receive calls while in 1x

Last Updated:

1. JonB

JonB Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Noticed this the other night. Calls go strait to voicemail. As soon as it goes into evdo, calls resume as normal. If I turn off the network, I never have an issue. Any idea?

Advertisement
  2. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Are you using the Airave device?

3. JonB

Nope. It happens everywhere i go.

4. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

It really sucks. With Sprint if you are on 1x and using data then calls go to voice mail (verizon has a work around for this) with the phone pulling data a lot - that means a lot of calls go straight to voice mail.

5. JonB

Well it does it even if im not using data. Its very annoying. Is this something im going to have to live with?

6. adirdam23

adirdam23 Member

I could not figure out why my phone did this. But now I know. So there is no workaround? This happens to me alot and I miss a ton of important calls because of it. Not only that but once my caller reaches me, they are beyond frustrated.

7. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

No, it shouldn't be happening all the time. I live in a 1x area only and receive calls - I just have to be careful on how many apps I have pulling data.

8. g2red89

g2red89 Active Member

Is att the only network that allows you to access the web while talking? I could have sworn I was browsing the web while I was chatting, but I think I was on wifi, but I can't do that anymore either.

9. jsward12

jsward12 Well-Known Member

I ran into this this morning, and my girlfriend called me last night and the phone went to a message saying the number was invalid. At home, I have the airrave, so what effects does the airrave have? At work there is a sprint repeater but its a bit flacky and the phone sometimes goes to roaming. Thoughts?