cannot receive texts.General

Last Updated:

1. Dheano

Dheano Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there, I've had my phone for about a year, and the last 2 months or so I've experienced some problems receiving texts. I can send texts and send/receive calls but not texts!

I originally downloaded Handcent and it started working again.

Then it broke again, so I factory reset.

Then it broke yet again, so I downloaded Handcent and again it worked.

And now it's broke again. I don't believe it's the hardware as it has shown it can work, so I'm kinda stuck with this.

I text alot too, so any help is much appreciated.

I am on O2 (UK) and my G1 is running on Android Firmware 1.6.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. pacothebandit

pacothebandit Well-Known Member

ive been having the same issue with my new G1. its a factory replacement and is only about 2 weeks old. Try using your SIM in another phone to see if the issue remains. if so, then its something with your profile. If not, then your phone is the culprit.

3. sfmc

sfmc New Member

i had the same problem over the last few months. i re-installed handcent 3 times and the problem persisted. i uninstalled it and installed chomp and i have not had the problem since. i like handcent better, but i guess i will wait a little while and try it again once they have addressed the issue.

4. ronintetsuro

ronintetsuro New Member

Hey guys, I've had my G1 since launch day, and just started having this problem a few days ago.

I've backed up the contents of my memory card and factory reset the phone. I got a bunch of old texts right away, and tried texting some people. Their responses took a very long time to come through. I tried to download Chomp again to see if that would help, but the market won't start any downloads?

I powered off the phone and back on, and again, I got a batch of old messages. Is my G1 hosed?