• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot remove Apps shortcut from home screen

Springer00

Lurker
Jul 28, 2014
I have a LG Optimus F3 with Virgin Mobile and on the home screen I am unable to remove the Apps icon from the frozen icons at the bottom of the screen. I can press and hold other icons (Mail, Phone, etc) and it allows me to move or delete them however the Apps icon cannot be removed. Any ideas how to do this?

Welcome to the forum :)

I don't know this phone, so it's possible that the built-in launcher app doesn't let you do it. But if it doesn't, just install a different launcher from the Play Store and use that instead.

To explain the jargon: your homescreens, the app drawer, and the "dock" (the frozen icons at the bottom) are all managed by an app called a "launcher". It's just an app though, so if you prefer you can install an alternative launcher from the Play Store and use that instead. Different launchers give different features, and more options for customisation than the one that comes with the phone. I use Nova launcher myself, but there are many others.

Reactions: kate
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones