• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot remove Chrome tab

randomdude2

Lurker
Jul 24, 2016
Hi everyone, I have an issue that has been bugging me for awhile that I can't figure out. I have a Droid Turbo with a tab from an old version of Chrome stuck open at all times. I will click the x to close it, and if I go back into my open programs, there it is. I cannot open or select the tab either. It's just there, mocking me. I travel for work and opened a tab to sign into the hotel wifi a couple months ago. It has been there since. I have cleared everything I can find from Chrome, disabled the app, tried using the old version and merging tabs, all to no avail. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
Screenshot_2016-07-24-10-05-43.png

That was my first thought too, so I forgot and deleted those networks.

Oddly enough, I just opened up the cascade of open apps and it is gone. After months of it being stuck there. It must've seen us talking about it, haha. No idea what happened but I'll take it
Just to be sure, make sure Wi-Fi Scanning is off for Google Apps.

While it does help pinpoint your location for better use of Google services, it can keep some apps in memory even if you close them.

Access this under WiFi Settings > Advanced or under Google Settings > Location.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones