1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Cannot Reset My Phone

1. mel2000

mel2000 Member

I accidentally rebooted my rooted Vortex into recovery mode using the RebootMe app and no second chances were given to back out. I was taken to a "Choose your Language" screen followed by "Welcome to LG Vortex" followed by an LGSetupWizard force close. From there I go back to the "Choose your Language" loop.

I called LG and they told me to try Vol Down+Home+Power, but that again takes me back to the "Choose your Language" screen. I also tried the four-corners trick but that didn't work either.

I downloaded Stock 2.2.2 ROM.zip, Stock recovery.zip and flash_image.zip to my SD card but don't know where to go from there as far as recovering since the tutorial assumes one can access a recovery screen. Could someone provide more info regarding how I can go about restoring my Vortex? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. mel2000

mel2000 Member

Thank you so much for the link. That site actually led me to a search for a LGNPST recovery tutorial specific to LG Vortex, and it worked!! Next time I'll unroot my phone before upgrading.