Cannot Root Admiral Running 2.3.5

Last Updated: 2012-08-11 19:10:36
  1. dcscorpio76

dcscorpio76 New Member

Hello All! I am new to the site and I think it's pretty awesome. My issue is VERY common. I am trying to root my Admiral running Gingerbread 2.3.5. I'm no nuclear scientist but I'm pretty snazzy with electronics. This one I cannot figure out so I have a super stupid question.

I've been researching for weeks and I've tried SuperOneClick amongst a few other things and nothing will root this phone. I did update a month or two back when the last update came out and I understand that may be the issue. Is there a work around for getting past step 7? It hangs on waiting for device. I have all the drivers, I've followed all the instructions. I've literally spent weeks trying this. I am ready to give up, but not before my last ditch effort.

Is there a way to downgrade my phone back to 2.3.4 or is there something i'm missing in the SOC process? Did my latest update patch the hole? Any help would be appreciated. BTW, I am using Windows Vista 32 bit if that matters. Thanks for any insight!

Advertisement
  2. alqutis

alqutis New Member

Bump! Anyone else have any solutions?
  3. alqutis

alqutis New Member

4. edubble79

edubble79 Active Member

@alqutis tjat was the easiest root ive done thank you so much. You should include helpful hints like: wipe and clear cache before and after root.