Cannot root milestone!

Last Updated:

1. yashodhan92

yashodhan92 Member This Topic's Starter

I bought my Milestone from USA ( I stay in India). it is made in china. It had 2.1 update-1 out of the box. I tried the sticky rooting thread and many others but i always get the signature verification failed error! can someone please help me!? Do I need to mention some more info about my phone here like Baseband or something?:(

Advertisement
  2. ashketchum

ashketchum Well-Known Member

You need to properly flash the vulnerable recovery using RSD Lite. Download the vulnerable recovery from here - vulnerable_recovery_only_RAMDLD90_78.zip .

To flash the vulnerable recovery properly, first boot to bootloader mode by turning off phone and then turning it on by holding the d-pad up + power button. Once in bootloader mode, flash the vulnerable recovery using RSD Lite. It will take just 3-4 seconds and then RSD Lite should show a "rebooting phone" message after which the phone will turn off. Press and hold d-pad up again as soon as the phone turns off, so that it boots to bootloader mode again. Once it boots to bootloader mode, RSD Lite should show "PASS" which means the vulnerable recovery was flashed successfully. Now you wont get that "signature verification failed" error when you try to apply the update.zip.

LifeInAnalog likes this.