• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot search music on phone

jareth

Apr 22, 2010
When I try to search through my phone via the search button (bottom right), everything but my music comes up. Contacts, apps, etc, but no music.
I have it set to search for music, but still no dice. the weird thing, is that things like "facebook_pop.mp3" will show up in my search results, just none of the mp3s I uploaded.

If it matters, my music is stored on "phone storage" in a folder labeled "Music".

If you're talking about the tapping the magnifying glass button to search try this and it will work. Tap the magnifying glass button >> menu >> Search Setting >> Searchable Items >> Check Music >> Back Button >> Back Button >> Tap the Google "G" icon next to the text box >> Tap Music Note icon >> Enter text >> your music has been found!

Upvote 0
If you're talking about the tapping the magnifying glass button to search try this and it will work. Tap the magnifying glass button >> menu >> Search Setting >> Searchable Items >> Check Music >> Back Button >> Back Button >> Tap the Google "G" icon next to the text box >> Tap Music Note icon >> Enter text >> your music has been found!
Actually, that was the first thing I tried. I really am stumped.

EDIT:
Okay, this is stupid. Apparently, android can't read off phone storage. Not only did I have to move my music to my SD card; I had to load them in the "media" folder before it would even recognize them. Google needs to get on this; in 2010, this is unacceptable.

Upvote 0
Actually, that was the first thing I tried. I really am stumped.

EDIT:
Okay, this is stupid. Apparently, android can't read off phone storage. Not only did I have to move my music to my SD card; I had to load them in the "media" folder before it would even recognize them. Google needs to get on this; in 2010, this is unacceptable.

You don't need them to be in the "media" folder. Sometimes it takes Google a little bit for stuff to show up in the music player so it may have seemed that you needed to put them in a certain place.

As for searching, for a Google phone, it has to be embarrassing because it's awful. First of all, the process is so disjointed. There's no flow. I should be able to press a button, type something in, and press go to find it. Instead, I have to not hit go and look for it in a list. That's garbage.

Not to mention the search results that do pop up when searching for music is completely off. It completely gives up when trying to find Deadmou5 and returns some classical music tracks for some reason.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones