Cannot Search Specific Contacts

Last Updated:

1. verizonandroid

verizonandroid Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, whenever I want to send a text message to my friend Bob, i'll type "bob" in the recipients name and no phone number will come up even though he is stored in my contacts. However, whenever i want to send a text to Jill, I simply type "Jill" in the recipients box in the SMS and her phone number pops up. In order to send a text message to Bob, i have to go into Contacts-->Search-->Send text.

It's more of a nusiance than anything else and was wondering if there was a remedy for it. I have tried re-programming the contacts information into the phone but the problem still exists.

Any solutions?

Advertisement
  2. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

Are you sure Bob's number is listed as a mobile phone?

3. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

Couldn't you first go into contacts, select the right Bob, then press the "text message" icon?

4. verizonandroid

Yes I can whenever I want to send 1 text message to 1 person. But when I want to send 1 text to multiple recipients, it becomes a hassle..

5. verizonandroid

AHHHH this solved the problem. I did not know it had to be listed as a mobile number. It was under "work". thank you!

6. tnstra

tnstra Well-Known Member

Jeez I think you need Dialer One from the market.

It will bring up Bob by anything that is a consecutive part of his name number city state ie "ob" "bo"
    or if his number is xxx-yyy-zzzz u can put in any part of that like yyy ... ofcousre it will bring up all the yyy's but he will be in the liust