cannot send mms picture to iphone 4gSupport

Last Updated:

1. Jeffruby

Jeffruby Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've tried sending pics via handcent and via stock messaging app, all friends w iPhone 4gs don't get em. I can receive from them however. Says on my screen, status rejected, on pics I send. Frustrating.

Advertisement
  2. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

They aren't holding the phone correctly.

sontaikle likes this.
  3. Jeffruby

Seriously, no one else have problem like this.

4. gidget

gidget Well-Known Member

there are a couple other threads about this, actually. if you use the htc messaging app, they should go through. for whatever reason (perhaps something to do with sizing), handcent and chomp don't seem to want to send mms to iphones. try the native app and let me know if you are successful.

5. Jeffruby

Yeah, tried HTC message app, no good.

6. gidget

gidget Well-Known Member

how are you trying to send your photos? i was having trouble sending photos that i took directly from the camera app. but if i opened them in gallery from my sd card (i have my photos save to sd card), i was able to send them and have them received. maybe try that?

i was also having problems sending a large text file that went mms from an app when using handcent and chomp, but it goes through via the native app. that seems neither here nor there, though, since you are talking photos.

there was another person in the other thread that had this same problem, and using the native app did not help, either. but others do not report the same issue. i have no idea why it would be so hit or miss. but try what i mentioned above and report back.

7. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

I can't ever get pix to go through to my friends iphone either. I can send to att, just not iphones, sucks!

8. Jeffruby

This is awful, but works. Using file manager, like astro, find pic and send mms to iPhone. Previous poster suggested this, and they are right. What a pita.

9. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

try sending MMS with photos attachments using this address... theirnumber@mms.att.net

10. brian0488

brian0488 Active Member

Try taking a low resolution photo (640x480) and see if that makes it to the iPhone. When I had my iPhone 3G, I wasn't able to receive anything above 3 mega pixels.

11. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member

I know i'm late but wasn't sure u if u resolved the issue...If not, here goes..

For some reason, the iphone reads and looks for picture messages differently. So what u have to do it, once u have the pic set-up, click on "edit" and add a caption to the pic. Then press "done" and then send the message. This will work, ALL OF THE TIME...The fix is adding a caption to the picture.