Cannot set ringtone for a specific person

Last Updated:

1. RoujinKarma

RoujinKarma Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I have a small problem and im hoping someone will be able to assist me with it. I rooted and installed harmonia 2 on my Optimus, everything is running great besides one thing. It seems I cannot set a different ringtone for specific contacts. When ever is select it, and hit save, it just reverts back to default tone. Anyone have any way of fixing this? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. melim

melim Disabled

Hi Roujin. :) If you report your original post and ask a mod to move this thread to the root subforum, the guys in there will be able to help you out for sure. Good luck!
    RoujinKarma likes this.
  3. RoujinKarma

Wasnt sure if this was general support or not, thank you!
  4. melim

melim Disabled

:) You're quite welcome, and honestly I don't know, but since you're using a particular ROM, your best bet for help would be in the root forum.
  5. markzombie82

markzombie82 Well-Known Member

My wife reports of the same thing on backside I've heard it's a cm7 thing in general I would like some feed back as well but I'm not sure if she is doing everything right. So bump
  6. RoujinKarma

7. elgecko

elgecko Well-Known Member

Not sure what your problem is, but I'm running BACKside and have no problem setting different ringtones for different contacts.
    In fact I asked a question about batch setting ringtones for groups and someone pointed me to an app that works perfect.
    Group Ringtone

-Use a computer and go to your Goggle Contacts
    -Set up your contacts to the groups you want them in (family, friends, work, etc)
    -Set your default ringtone on phone
    -Run the app and set your ringtones for the different groups
  8. JerryScript

JerryScript Well-Known Member

Open the dialer and switch to the contacts tab. Click on the contact you want to set a custom ringtone for. Next press your Menu key, then click on Ringtone and set the one you desire.

If you are using third party dialer or contact apps, they may override your settings. ;)
  9. RoujinKarma

Yeah that doesnt work :s

I'll give this a shot, thanks!
  10. JerryScript

I just tested, and it's working fine, sorry to hear you're having troubles.
  11. RoujinKarma

Alright problem solved, I moved to a new ROM and its fixed haha.
  12. JerryScript

Glad you got it working. ;)
  13. RoujinKarma

14. JerryScript

I wasn't joking, I mean it. I don't make ROMs to try to get the most people using them, and I make no money off my efforts. I simply want to get the best experience I can out of my phone, and I share the results with others by building BACKside.

Enjoy your phone, I do! ;)
    AndyOpie150 likes this.