Cannot Sync to FacebookSupport

Last Updated:

1. JRob2k

JRob2k Member This Topic's Starter

anyone notice that facebook notifications, just flat out doesnt work on this phone. i've tested an Aria, Incredible, and Evo, and it works on all of those. i've got notifications turned on and everything, and facebook is excluded from ATK but i never get any updates.

Advertisement
  2. k-chill

k-chill Member

same here. i never get updates.

3. plummy

plummy Active Member

i was getting them, found it annoying as all hell, and turned it off.

4. trant01

trant01 Active Member

i get them just fine.

5. jflexe99

jflexe99 Well-Known Member

So i came from a blackberry 9700 to this and love it. Only thing is with fb syncing. I synced all my friends who i wanted to. But all it seems to have done is put their profile pic on the contact part of my phone.... On my BB i can write on their wall and comment, all that jazz from my contact list on the phone. Why doesnt this let you do that? Will froyo allow this?? One fb thing i loves on my BB.
    Thanks

6. jflexe99

I only get them if I go into facebook...I want updates as they are updated on my phone...my BB did that no problem

7. sanduneboi

sanduneboi Active Member

I will say that's one of the things I miss most about my blackberry was push facebook notifications.

8. stephenv1971

stephenv1971 Member

It was awesome wasn't it?

9. kak

kak Member

You'll also notice that instead of it matching the content, it does a full copy of everything listed. Go to your messaging app and start typing someone's name that had their number listed in FB as well. The all too annoying bug (lack of filtering repeat numbers) shows up because the sync copies it twice and won't let you delete it from the phone's memory unless you delete the hard copy (not the matched data from fb).

10. jegordon23

jegordon23 Member

wait so is this phone not capable of push notifications?

11. CaCHooKa Man

CaCHooKa Man Well-Known Member

no. it does polling. the lowest time duration you can set in the facebook app is 30 minutes.

12. jflexe99

I miss push :(

Tempted to go back to BB with the 9800....each phone has its problems and glory

13. Easilyamused

Easilyamused Well-Known Member

i get fb updates just fine.

14. onepoint

onepoint Member

It seems like Blackberries actually "intercept" the notification emails that hit my gmail account all of the time, and use those to trigger notifications from the Facebook application.

On my Captivate I receive a notification email, and every 30 minutes Facebook usually pops a notification regarding the same.

15. qwertyaas

qwertyaas Well-Known Member

I get them on my notification bar.

16. izmir41500

izmir41500 Member

i can't even log in to facebook using the social media hub on the phone. it keeps giving me a 'login failed, try again later' error

17. izmir41500

izmir41500 Member

Every time I try to log in to Samsung's media hub it fails to log in to facebook. I keep getting 'login failed, try again later'. My cousin also has the captivate and has no problem logging in from the social media hub. I can login with the app just fine, and I can login to the website just fine from the browser.

For some reason it will not login through the media hub so I can get feed updates and sync to my contacts list. I have gone through also to the contacts list-->get friends option and it still will not let me login. Any suggestions?

18. hasan86

hasan86 New Member

I think I figured out a solution. It has to do with your Facebook settings. Open your Facebook, click Account (on the top right corner) and select Privacy Settings from the drop down menu. Then on the bottom left, click Edit Your Settings under Applications and Websites. For the Applications You Use section, if the Platform Applications are turned off, turn them on. If they're already on, turn them off, and then turn them back on. I was in the latter situation and that fixed it for me.

Hope this helps.