Cannot sync with Google calendar??

Last Updated:

1. jarnold

jarnold Member This Topic's Starter

This is weird and I am starting to lose love for Android and my Hero... with Android 2.1 you can now have more than 1 Google account on your phone. I have two gmail accounts there under the phone's gmail app. (Both only update once per blue moon but that is an entirely separate issue ... I think).

I want to be able to sync my Google calendar with the phone's calendar, as I used to be able to do do quite nicely and easily on my crackberry, shouldn't be rocket science. So with the two gmail accounts on my phone, account #1 is one where I do NOT want to sync, either contacts or calendar, ever. Account #2 is the one where I *DO* want to sync contacts, email and calendar.

So I bring up the Gmail app on the phone, hit menu, hit accounts, hit menu again, then hit settings. Both accounts are showing up there. Going to account #2 (the one I *DO* want to sync with everything), the sync button is checked but there is *NO* calendar button to indicate it should also sync with calendar?? But doing the same thing with account #1 (the one I NEVER want to use to sync contacts or calendar), the calendar sync button *IS* there. WTH?

I thought maybe because the account I never want to sync with was added first, so I thought I would DELETE that one, get the calendar sync setup, then re-add that account. Nope - the phone says that if I do that, I will have to reset the phone back to factory settings and lose all personal data. WTF - was this phone and operating system made by Fred Flintstone??

Anybody have ideas on this?

Advertisement
  2. gbizit

gbizit New Member

I had this same issue on 2 heros earlier today. The only way round it is to do a factory reset. The only thing I lost was the texts. The emails, calendar and contacts resynced from Google, and although I lost all the apps, I went to the marked and selected downloads and lo and behold, there was a full list of all the apps I had, ready to install again.

Less than half an hour and I was back up and running again with just the home screens to customise.