• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot Turn/Toggle Off WiFi

MidnightRun

May 9, 2010
I cannot turn off Wi-Fi on my phone, either using the toggle widget or by going to Settings >> Wireless & Networks >> Wi-Fi Settings and clicking the check box for the Wi-Fi.

If I toggle it off or turn it off through settings, it goes off for a second and then immediately logs back on to WiFi. I have searched the forum and can't find anyone else with a similar problem and its driving me nuts.

I accidentally put the phone in airplane mode yesterday and made a handful of app updates a couple days ago, but other than that, I haven't made any changes to the phone (settings or apps). Anyone have an idea of what's going on?

I finally figured it out by going back and reviewing all the apps that I updated in the past week. Mixed in the updates was a battery saver app that I must have added to my appbrain list inadvertently (I remember reviewing it, just not putting in the queue for installation). I removed the app and now I can toggle WiFi again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones