• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot update or install apps/games?!

rodduz

Apr 5, 2012
Hi since I did the last update a month or so back I can no longer update apps I have on my phone or download new ones. It downloads it and when it goes to install it it says 'insufficient space'. This is not true as I have 3.2GB available on SD card and 63MB on internal storage. None of the updates are as big as those!

Any ideas?!

Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome to the forums rodduz - thanks for joining!

Sorry that no-one has answered you yet... I don't know about anyone else, but I am in work at the moment, so only get on here sporadically (some days).

Have you tried clearing the cache on the market Google Play - this could sort your issue. Sorry I can't give you much more help at the moment, but I'm a little snowed under! :eek:

EDIT - ninjad by Andima!

Reactions: Andima
Upvote 0
Hi guys, cheers. I have done as you said and the only one of the three I can find is download manager. There is no google play or play store app. I searched by going to applications in settings, then selecting all tab and they're alphabetical so theres no way I could have missed them?

Clearing data for the download manager only, had no positive effect.

Upvote 0
Just to add to the previous post you'll lose all your SMS/Email messages unless you back them up. Most 3rd party apps allow you to do this as the stock apps dont. Your contacts should be backed up via your google account so once the phone is reset it should place them back on your phone. Apps downloaded will need to be installed again. A bit time consuming but it should fix the problem. All your stuff on your SD card will not be effected by this!!

Upvote 0
... and when you say my contacts should be backed up?! Anyway I can check or do it before I reset?

Thanks

If you log into your Google account on a computer and then go to the Gmail page, you should be able to see all your contacts if you select "Contacts" from the top-left pull-down. I'd advise checking carefully because you might find that some of the contacts on your phone have been saved on the phone or SIM card rather than as Google contacts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones