• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot update PRL or PROFILE after EC05 update

After updating to EC05, when I click on update PRL, PROFILE, or FIRMWARE in the about phone settings I receive an error? anyone dealing with this, and is there a fix?

Just about everyone. I still think it's due to the heavy influx of users updating their phones OTA. Jamming everything up. I use to get the error after about a second. Now it will sit and attempt an update for over a minute before I get the error.
Thinking patience is virtue here.... If you send your phone back you will get a refurb. I'm holding onto mine for now.

Upvote 0
Tried this method... No go. Think I will wait it out a week or so? Thanks for the advise. Any other methods out there? Please let us know

yeah it worked for me. i read this method from the xda forums. the thread had a fair amount of responses where it worked for others. its all the timing though. wait no longer than 5 seconds and then hit cancel. or try this after a battery pull ;)

Upvote 0
I sat there and hit update prl and update data about 15 times on ours and it finally updated both. Be persistant. It's from a million phones hitting the server at once...

Got it, I think its more about timing then anything. all that and no update was available... It is working now however, beggars/choosers theory applies?!? again, thanks to all. These forums are priceless!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones