• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help cannot update to 2.1 please help!!!

jhnelo

Oct 24, 2010
LIVERPOOL!!!
i found out that the update to 2.1 is here on three uk now when i try to update my phone using pc companion or SEUS it freezes my computer. i get to the point were i turn the phone off and turn it back on holding the back button but nothing happens and my computer just freezes up :( any help with this one? i am on sony ericsson x10

If you are using a PC that you have used before have your removed the DB file from within the Sony Ericsson folder on your hard drive. This is from their product blog

I think I have seen some of you having issues with PC companion telling you that you already have the update (even though you don’t and it should be available for your kit) so if your number is included here but you still can’t get the update there might be some trouble-shooting needed to get it work. If you have such issues, first check that you don’t a firewall or Virus protection somehow blocking the PC-companion from Internet access. Also you can try removing and re-installing the application or delete the contents in the database folder for Update Service “Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\db”.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones