• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot Upgrade to Froyo

I would really appreciate some help. So since before Christmas my phone has 'not been registered on network'. This means that I cant make calls and connect to the internet etc.

I am told by the network operator that all I need to do is upgrade the firmware to Froyo.

I have connected to Kies, which is ony possible in USB Debugging mode (is this the best thing to do?), but when I press firmware upgrade, it says:

'device does not support firmware pgrade'..

Can anyone help? Should I not be connecting in USB debugging mode? If not, how do I get it to connect withotu?

Thanks so much

Are you sure that the reason is your firmware? There are people who still use 1.6! Now, do they have to throw their phones away?

I agree with beer here... Your firmware version isn't the reason why you can't connect to your network,especially if it was working before.You still should use the latest firmware version and upgrade but there's another reason why It isn't connecting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones