• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot use GPS and Pandora/Stream at same time?

gonzoguy24

Android Expert
Nov 11, 2009
Aurora, IL
I just found out that the GPS will NOT work while streaming music with pandora/slacker...

I like listening to this music and having the directions spoken over the music while I am driving...Why the hell does GPS NOT work while streaming? It worked just fine on my Blackberry storm!

Anyone?

This is one of the things that AT&T is throwing back in VZW's face - the ability to use 3G and make calls. I suspect that it is much of the same wrt streaming music and GPS - both will be trying to use the network, and they have probably done this to assure the smoothest flow for the Navigation.

Plus, I think there was a thread on this already....

EDIT: Added the following

According to at least 2 other posters, now, they say there is no issue when listening to streaming radio and using the navigating features.

Might want to check your signal, or else 'reboot' (aka power cycle) the phone and see if that helps.

Upvote 0
the most annoying thing is if you are on the phone while the nav is going the alerts are so loud and you can't hear who u are talking to
Try turning down the volume of the navigation while in nav mode. The volume controls for phone and nav modes are independent of each other. It will take a little playing with, but I was able to get the nav volume low enough to where it did not interfere with a phone call but was still loud enough to where it was useful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones