can't accept call when headphones are plugged inSupport

Last Updated: 2014-05-23 09:46:26
  1. gogrizz

gogrizz New Member

Hi android forums,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, only a month old, running Android 4.4.2. Every now and then when I have the stock samsung headphones plugged in, if someone calls I hear the ringer, but when I answer the call is dead. I can't hear anything the person is saying. They can't hear anything that I'm saying. If I unplug the headphones to use the handset, the call is still dead. I've played around with the situation (plugging, unplugging, speakerphone, etc.), but nothing can get the call back. The end result is hanging up and calling back without the headphones plugged in.

There's no bluetooth connected (bluetooth is off).
    I can't pinpoint when it'll work and when it won't work.

Super frustrating on a brand new phone.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Witrigs Vege

Witrigs Vege Member

It seems that it is a firmware problem.
    Go to Samsung Customer Service for help because your phone is new.
  3. GalaxyS2Kent

GalaxyS2Kent Well-Known Member

I had the same problem, only with stylus plugged into the headphone socket. With the stylus in, I couldn't make a call (well, it showed ringing but the other person couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear them), so it was slightly different. And if I unplugged it, the call would just hang up.

I think it's because with something in the headphone socket (also the microphone socket), the phone is expecting you to be using a handsfree apparatus. But if you unplug it during a call, it assumes you're hanging up. At least that's my theory...... There may be some kind of setting to overcome it.
  4. electricpete

electricpete Well-Known Member

5. MYKEL61

MYKEL61 Well-Known Member

I agree electricpete Sound About solved all my issues. Been using it for months.. Great free app.
    electricpete likes this.
  6. Witrigs Vege

Witrigs Vege Member

It seems a firmware problem. Update it.
    Or run the phone in safe model to check if the problem caused by 3rd app you have installed.