Can't access Andoid Market

Last Updated:

1. jw2k

jw2k Member This Topic's Starter

So I've *finally* got my Desire after much hassle with T-Mobile, and it's shiney and lovely and new, but I can't access the Android Market :( When I open the Market app, it takes me to the page to set up my Google Account, I enter my details, it thinks about it for a minute or two, and then tells me that I 'don't have a network connection'. It asks if I want to connect to a Wifi hotspot, but I'm already connected to the wireless box in my flat. The internet's working on my phone, because I've been surfing the web and going on Facebook, YouTube etc. I'm probably missing something really obvious - can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
    J

P.S. I've yet to see the '3G' icon in the notification bar... Don't know if that's relevant or not.

Advertisement
  2. cupidstunt

cupidstunt Active Member

Not sure why it's doing that :confused:

try running setup (in programs) and logging into your google account from there.

3. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

Have you tried resetting your phone?
    Settings -> Privacy -> Factory Data Reset

It reverts your phone back to how it was when you first turned it on. Make sure you save any files on it/back up data etc before you try.

Only try this if you've tried other options first.

4. jw2k

jw2k Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, so I think I was just being dumb - an hour or two later and I've got it sorted out! Thanks for your replies though :)

5. danielkurniadi

danielkurniadi New Member

We have same problem here. Cant connect to android market, even now im browsing this website via wifi from my phone. Weird huh? :(

6. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Have you changed to gmail from Googlemail? If so that'd your issue

7. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

Works fine for me.

8. mikebell

mikebell Well-Known Member

When I first got my phone, it would point-blank refuse to create a Google account from the phone itself.

Account registration worked fine from a PC, though. After that was done, I just needed to enter my details in the phone.

9. fusion1275

fusion1275 Active Member

Hi all,

Sorry to ambush this thread but I have a problem with Android Market and its doing my head in.... So my wife got her HTC Wildfire yesterday, I have had my HTC Desire for a few months now and we are both very pleased with the phones.

Except for some reason we both are having troubles downloading ANYTHING from the market.

I have turned off wifi, cleaned cache, rebooted numerous times, done the whole gtalk crap and made sure I wasnt using gmail and only googlemail. I am running out of ideas now.

Has anyone been experiencing any problems recently? OR better still can provide any guidance on how to get these working as they should.

Does the Market have some sort of queing system? Or even a status page telling us whether they are getting a mass of us hitting their system at once?

Many thanks for any help provided.

10. Honey61

Honey61 New Member

Ahh i have the same problem as the first question!! Tell me how you fixed it!?! I don't care if i'm being stupid!!