• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant access boot menu and phone lock help

rforrestuk

Apr 24, 2012
Hi,
I've been looking through and so far not found an answer to this one, so apologies if this has been covered before.

Android Version: gingerbread updated myself from htc website
Network: orange kind of
Taskiller Used?: no
[Optional]Are You rooted & which Rom: no
Issue:
upgraded my phone to a sxs so now have a desire which i thought i would have a go at rooting(nothing to lose so to speak)
Checked my hboot number and then exited boot menu somehow???
Now i can't access boot menu at all when i hold down volume and press power. Have taken battery out a number of times and tried again but to no avail.
The other problem is i can't unlock my phone now either, i can remember code but it doesnt like it. Tried various other generic codes as well.
The phone doesnt have a sim card in as when i upgraded my sxs uses a micro sim the other was got rid of. Do i need to get another sim before i can do anything else?
Also the phone is not connected to my wifi as we have changed provider so where i have read that you get so many attempts to unlock and then links to google it wouldn't be able to do this howerer its the phone lock not the sim lock that is the problem.

Sorry for such a long post, any help would be most appreciated. Thannks in advance.

Thats me back into my phone then thank you.
So now i have a decision to make. Was going to have a go at rooting so i could use my phone as a back up and take to places i don't want to loose my sxs, also its slightly smaller and still love the phone. However i can't just swap my sim from phone to phone due to the sim size, someting thats only just dawned on me : (
So now need to decide whether to sell on ebay or one of these we buy your phone people. Decisions decisions! :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones