• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't access HTC Sense after Launcher Pro failed

Evo Lotion

Lurker
Jul 20, 2010
Hello, When I first got my Evo I installed Launcher Pro. Used it for a while then reverted back to the default HTC sense scheme.

Tonight I decided to check out LP again and switched it. However it came up with a message that the version was out of date and automatically opened the browser. It takes me to their site but I can't do anything else!

Now I'm unable to access anything and can't revert back to the HTC sense scheme or even access my settings.

If I hit Home, the browser pops up and brings me to their site. I can't do anything else.

Help!

My wife accidently did a factory reset to her HTC Hero and now the settings are all messed up. I cannot connect to Internet or even to wifi. The phone doesnot allow me to access the menu. It only pops up stating that Launcher pro has failed and you need to update. I cannot update unless i have a internet connection. i tried everything right from HTC Sync, connecting phone via USB etc. Please guys help me to get the phone restarted. There is no internet connection as i believe that the internet connection settings are disabled internally. Any suggestions please.

Upvote 0
My wife accidently did a factory reset to her HTC Hero and now the settings are all messed up. I cannot connect to Internet or even to wifi. The phone doesnot allow me to access the menu. It only pops up stating that Launcher pro has failed and you need to update. I cannot update unless i have a internet connection. i tried everything right from HTC Sync, connecting phone via USB etc. Please guys help me to get the phone restarted. There is no internet connection as i believe that the internet connection settings are disabled internally. Any suggestions please.
welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!
try doing another factory reset and see if that helps.

Upvote 0
I tried doing it but it still gives me the same thing launcher pro update failed as there is no data connection. Please if you have any solution that would be of great help

so are you going into the bootloader and selecting clear storage, correct? what is your baseband? it should say on the bootloader screen.

Upvote 0
so are you going into the bootloader and selecting clear storage, correct? what is your baseband? it should say on the bootloader screen.[/QUOTE

NO i am not directed to the boot loader. Ok how do i factory reset the phone without going into menu>settings>. is it possible that the phone can be factory rested from outside like by pressing some keys or some other trick.

Upvote 0
so are you going into the bootloader and selecting clear storage, correct? what is your baseband? it should say on the bootloader screen.[/QUOTE

NO i am not directed to the boot loader. Ok how do i factory reset the phone without going into menu>settings>. is it possible that the phone can be factory rested from outside like by pressing some keys or some other trick.

yes, you can power off (make sure fastboot is disabled, settings>apps>uncheck fastboot) or pull the battery out. then press and hold power+vol down. this will take you to the bootloader. from there select clear storage. this will also do a factory reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones