Can't Access SD CardGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mcmi11ions

mcmi11ions Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

I just got my eris yesterday since i don't have a NE2 available and i wanted to get away from WinMo... in any case, I can't access my SD card from my Eris.

I downloaded Astro Manager, went to sd card, it says it is empty.

I connected my phone to my PC via USB, mounted it as a drive, and I can access the SD card and contents without a problem. I can even use the photo album on the phone to look at pictures that are on the card.

When i go to settings > sd card and phone storage it displays total space and available space as being unavailable and the option to unmount the sd card is grayed out. pressing the menu button on this screen doesn't do anything.

any ideas? running 2.1, not rooted

ps - not interested in rooting the phone since i don't need the wifi tethering and the stock apps aren't bothering me.

Edit - the phone was connected to the PC and mounted. I had no idea that i couldn't see the card from the phone when it was mounted to the PC...

thanks anyway.

Advertisement
  2. dcfan99

dcfan99 Well-Known Member

Where is this SD card coming from? Did you move it from another phone to this one?
    You might need to back up the contents of the SD card and then format it on the phone.