1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Can't activate handset that's been blacklisted (insurance replacement)

Last Updated:

1. bergfurher

bergfurher Member

I have a problem, I have a replacement evo 3D. Long story short, I got my evo wet on vacation, I had insurance, called them, ordered replacement phone, but since I could not fax my signature back to them on vacation, I waited till I got back home, I sent it in, they said a phone was sent to my vacation home already, well, I never saw it, so I complained and they sent out another one, no problems, works fine. Then two moths later, my condo ASIC called to say a box was there, I had it sent to my home and it was the first evo, they sent it without the fax which they said they would not do. Now I has two, and they never asked for it back, even after I called them to tell them. So I sold it, and it cannot be turned on because the sprint dealer says the number is showing lost/stolen and therefore cannot be turned on, what can I do with it now?

Advertisement
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

The number has been blacklisted and isn't able to be used on the sprint network.

The one you sold was the blacklisted one? I'd give the guy his money back.
    marctronixx and DragonSlayer95 like this.
  3. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

Since this is Sprint policy and not specific to any particular handset, moved thread to sprint forum.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  4. falconey

falconey Well-Known Member

C'mon now. Not to judge you, but if you were going to sell it even though you knew it wasn't truly your device you should have at least researched the implications before listing it for sale.
    Mr. Ed and marctronixx like this.