Can't add contactsSupport

1. Rickmgd

Rickmgd New Member

I am new to this high tech phone game and am having an issue with adding contacts on my phone. I can add all the info and it says it is saving them, but then they don't appear in my contacts. I CAN add them on gmail in my contacts and then they save to my phone, but that defeats the purpose to me. If anyone can help a older challenged indevidual it would be greatly appreciated :D

Advertisement
    :
  2. Well, it would REALLY help if you told us what kind of phone you have...

And it would also help if you told us the exact steps you take to add contacts.
  3. Rickmgd

Rickmgd New Member

Sorry, I am trying here. I have a LG Optimus S using version 2.2.1.
    To add my contacts, I go to contacts, new contacts add the info and hit done. It says it is saving, but the new entry doesn't show up on my phone. Thank you for your help.
    I also noticed that the contacts I add on my phone show up on my gmail contacts in the "other contacts" if that helps with the problem. Again, thanks for any and all help.
  4. you should be adding all of your contacts as "gmail contacts" and not 'phone contacts'. This allows them to sync with your gmail and be backed up.

If you have 'phone' contacts that are on there that you cant see, in the contacts app hit Menu-View, and click the checkbox for phone contacts.
    Diana Bueno and kikrocks like this.
  5. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Moved