Can't add multiple favourite actions for one contact

Last Updated:

1. Tumblew33d

Tumblew33d Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having trouble using the favourites widget.

I can manage my favourites using the dropdown in 'people' when viewing my phonebook.

I can add favourites.

I want to add 2 favourites for a contact I call and text (one shortcut for call, one for text).

I can add one or the other, but not both. Is there a simpe way around this? (I don't want a shortcut on the main screen, I want to use the favourites widget)

Cheers.

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

doubt it.

3. Tumblew33d

4. Tumblew33d

Bump.

Still searching for the answer to this one.

Has anyone managed to create more than one favourite action eg. a text shortcut and a phonecall shortcut for the same number?

5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

This is a messy work around, but send the contact to your self via MMS (vcard), open the received vcard and it saves to phone. If you're using google for your contacts, in view, tick phone. You will find a dup0licate entry. Add it to favourites.

I have done this and have 2 ion favourites now. I have unticked phone and the duplicate still shows in favourites but not in People.

This could update in a few hours and disappear though. If that is teh case, may have to re-tick people and have duplicates in there.

6. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

I just created 2 folders on the home screen. Text. Call. Added quick message and quick dial contacts to the relevant folder.

This does what i want, doesn't take up the whole screen and you still see their faces.

7. Tumblew33d

Thanks for the replies guys. Guess I was hoping for someone to point me in the direction of an easy, neat fix.

My home screen is full and I like the idea of favourites and use it regularly. It's not full and makes sense to use it. Maybe it'll be fixed in Froyo....