can't add music/player wont play mp3'sSupport

Last Updated:

1. joshminton

joshminton Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i created a music folder on my sd card on my droid eris, and then drag and dropped a couple of MP3 songs into it. when i unmounted and unplugged my droid, the music player told me it couldnt play that type of file, or something along those lines. i know the eris is mp3 compatible, but it's just not working. any tips?

also, can you make songs you add to your phone your ringtone? i know i could on my old storm

thanks

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Yes. If you open a song in the Music application (at least one that you can play), and press Menu, one of the options is "Set as ringtone". You can make it either the default ringtone or you can make it the ringtone for one or more contacts from there.

I've never had a problem playing any MP3 files.

3. entelechy3

entelechy3 Well-Known Member

Worst case scenario: you might have a bad SD card. I had a few issues with my music player (problems both transferring certain files and playing others)... I wanted to upgrade to a faster card (class 6) anyway, so I just bought a new one and put it in, and I've had no problems since (and upgrading to a faster card makes life better, too). You can find 8gig cards for around $20, and 16gig for about $40-50.

If you want to just have Verizon replace it, contact a store. When I did, they gave me the contact info for SanDisk, and told me they were in charge of warranty replacements for the micro SD. Sorry I can't give you that info, I put it somewhere and can't find it for the life of me.

Good luck.

4. n3fih

n3fih Member

Just out of curiosity, do you know what the problem MP3s were recorded as (kbpm, variable bit rate, etc)? What app dod you use to create them?

5. Hannele

Hannele New Member

I had the same problem, and since this was posted in January, you've likely already figured it out - a quick reboot fixes the problem! I'm not sure why that should be necessary, though :/

6. F0XY666

F0XY666 New Member

For anyone who might come to this post looking for solutions (I know its an old post). I found that my Google Play Music app was disabled. Enabling it again fixed the issue. :)