Can't afford to pay for the G1 all in one big payment...

Last Updated:

1. noderat

noderat Active Member This Topic's Starter

November 8th. I can't really release any details but T-Mobile is going to rock it hardcore with a new way to order handsets. Okay, start the discussion, rumors and flames now:

Advertisement
  2. drustvold

drustvold Well-Known Member

My guess is a rent to own/monthly payment option.

Over 2 years it would be about $10 a month for the G1 or any other smartphone. Get people to pay $20 a month let them upgrade every year to get a new phone (resell the old phone as certified used*), and have them extend their contract to last for another 2 years. That way you retain your customers because you get them to reup before their contract is out, and what better way then to give them the latest phone.

*or give the used phone away for free vs. paying for the same phone new (with contract)

Am I right? Huh? Huh? Huh? :p

3. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

what would be nice is if they allowed those of us in good standing some credit in order to buy a new phone and pay it off in 3-6 months. (with a two year extension, of course).

4. buydavidarchuletanov11

buydavidarchuletanov11 Well-Known Member

I don't want to know what it is. I rather just pay for my phone, and get it over with. There is always going to be the fine print.