Can't always answer the phone after 2.2 update and hard reset. WTH?Support

Last Updated:

1. jws3

jws3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ever since I "upgraded" to 2.2 froyo AND despite a hard reset on many incoming calls I can't answer the phone. I swipe down to answer and get.....nothing. Thought a hard reset might fix the issue, but apparently not. Suggestions? Ideas? Thanks to all in advance.

One more thing.... Just called HTC, who wonders if advanced task killer might be an issue if set to auto kill. Will try a few days with it on manual & see what happens.

Advertisement
  2. tsrdrum

tsrdrum Well-Known Member

weird, I was having that issue before and 2.2 seems to have fixed it.

Does it only seem to be when you take it out of your pocket? In my experience, I think it's because the touchscreen was receiving input as it turned the screen on for you to answer the call, which made it go all weird and crazy. It wasn't just the unlock screen, If I let it ring out I couldn't use the touchscreen after the call was missed.

3. budone

budone Active Member

I found there are two reasons I end up not receiving the call. When I pull it out of the holster I sometimes slide my finger UP the screen which will ignore the call.

But more often when I remove the phone, I hit the power button which is also ignore.

4. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

When you say you're unable to answer the call, are you talking about literally unable to swipe the unlock screen away or are you referring to not having any audio in the earpiece after answering?

5. MooN

MooN Well-Known Member

I had the same issue on my original Incredible. Verizon couldn't fix it so they h
    Code (Text):
    ad to swap it out for me with another Incredible. This was on 2.1, and the issue was intermittent.

6. jws3

jws3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Weird. I hold the phone & repeatedly swipe to answer, yet get no response whatsoever. It just does nothing. No reaction at all.