cant assign ringers?Support

1. mannyhernz

mannyhernz Active Member

i have a bunch of mp3 sounds on my sd card that i cant assign as ringers..WTF?.....is there a way?

Advertisement
  2. YaBoiD

YaBoiD Well-Known Member

Sure, download "Rings Extended" in the Market.
  3. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

uh yeah you prob have to make a folder on your sd card called "ringtones". can't just drop music on there and expect it to show up in ringtones haha

same for alarms and such (ie "alarms" folder)

you may be able to do something like this instead of just a ringtones folder

make a "media" folder, then audio > alarms, notifications, ringtones

so
    media
    -audio
    --alarms
    --notifications
    --ringtones
  4. mannyhernz

mannyhernz Active Member

yeah im coming from windows mobile..usually we just drop on sd card and boom......but thanks anyways.
  5. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

yeah np :)
  6. awall41

awall41 Member

Go to songs, highlight the one you want to make a ringtone, press the menu button then set as phone ringtone and you can go into the sound settings and set it for a specific contact or whatever you would like.
  7. ZoSo925

ZoSo925 Active Member

I need help and someone post clear instructions. I've tried every god damn folder option name and nothing works. I even tried free Astro file manager and the F-ing options to make a file a ringtone is greyed out
  8. ZoSo925

ZoSo925 Active Member

This is bunch of BS, I even tried Ring Extender and stil no luck. I'm able to select the damn file and it shows I picked it and it even plays in the previed. I save the friggin settings, go back to check...yes the file is still selected, exit and peek again....still listed. I call my phone and get default ring I don't want and sure enough when I go back to options and it resets again.

I know this file is good and have mp3, ogg and wmv version
  9. ZoSo925

ZoSo925 Active Member

This was happening before and after I upgraded to Froyo

I even did timeworks to do factory reset, which set it back to froyo bare bones and still nothing