• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Can't backup ROM with CWM :(

Hey guys,
So I just got my SGS3, and its amazing :D
managed to get CWM on it, version 5.8 something something something. And i've been wanting to do a backup of my ROM for quite some time. Im getting nervous because I got nothing to fall back on if something happens. my problem is that I can't seem to do a CWM backup. I always run out of room on my SD card. is 5GB not enought to do a backup for the SGS3? I remember on my Nexus S that I could do a full backup and it would only eat up ~1.3GB. So then I thought, bug in this version of CWM? So i decieded to try and install CWM Touch. So i went to ROM Manager, and bought the in app thing that does it for $2 or something. IT didn't work :/. and I can't seem to flash any other version of CWM on my phone either. What I havn't tried doing is ADB, but I'm hesitant about trying that, and would like to keep that as a last resort if at all possible. Any Ideas? I need a backup soon, I wanna flash some other sick ROMS!

That should really be enough space. My nandroid is about 1.5gb. It could be a problem with cwm recovery not getting installed properly. I'd recommend flashing the cfroot kernel which will give you a good installation of recovery and should then hopefully sort your problem.
[03.07.2012] CF-Root 6.4 - SuperSU+CWM5.5+CWMManager - xda-developers

Reactions: WoodenAnts
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones