Can't believe Evo can't playing streaming audio from the webSupport

Last Updated:

1. ml0126

ml0126 Member This Topic's Starter

My favorite TV and FM stations all have links on there websites for live streaming vidoe/audio. They all have Quicktime or Windows Media links but my Evo will not plahy them. I've tried several Radio apps on the Market but no luck with them either. Is this a planned fix or do I have to go back to to a I-phone or a windows based phone?

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Third thread now about the same thing...are you expecting a different result?

3. ml0126

YUP....I've had 2 Sprint stores and HTC support all tell me it possible, but can't tell me how. Gotta figure someone is missing something somewhere and someone somewhere may have the solution? I've tried everything that was suggest. Thought 3rd time might be the charm???

4. ScorpDX

Ask them how it's possible!

5. ml0126

I may be dumb but not stupid. I did. Both sprint stores (non-metro) did not have any evos in stock and could not figure out. Kept saying go to the market place. HTC Support assured me it should work, the tech I talked to had not used an Evo but went and got a test one and could not figure it out. He apologized and said he would submit a ticket. I'm sure you are totally correct, but since I am new to android, and the technology on the software and phone, you would really think this should work.
    ..but...apparantly not...

6. ml0126

I guess my big issue is, HTC says it will work. I even got an email from them stating it would. You would think the manufacturer would know. It was even suggested that the fix could be on the next software upgrade..but of course that means they know it currently doesn't work. Just curious, I this an Evo issue or an android limitation?
    Thanks

7. ScorpDX

I'd say it seems to be a software issue making it a problem with Android as a whole.

8. ml0126

thanks for the reply, quess I'll lay low for awhile and see what happens?
    Thanks