Can't boot into CWM Recovery

1. Sl33p3r

Sl33p3r Active Member

Hi everyone,

Since the first day I have rooted my phone I have not been able to boot into CWM Recovery mode. Every time I try the phone simply goes to the regular android recovery. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have flashed stock firmware on my phone and tried re-rooting it twice now and it's the same thing everytime :confused:.

As for as my method of rooting, I use Odin and follow this process:
    1. Flash desired firmware (eg. PDA: XXKI3| Modem/phone: XXKI3| CSC: OXAKI3)
    2. Flash appropriate CF-Root kernel (eg. CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_KI3-42-v4.2-CWM4.zip)
    3. Flash the stock kernel to remove yellow triangle (eg. XXKI3 Stock Kernel)

Anyone?? :(

I'm also running into this problem when trying to flash a rom with CWM or do a nandroid backup from Rom Manager (Makes sense cause I can't get to CWM Menu to access the nandroid backup anyway)
    http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...cking-up-rom-galaxy-s-ii-via-rom-manager.html

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Are you definitely pressing power+ home + vol UP?
    Sl33p3r likes this.
  3. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Flashing back the stock kernel will remove root. So after doing that you need to flash the zimage from the cfroot kernel. I'm not exactly sure how you do that as i've never removed the triangle.
    Sl33p3r likes this.
  4. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

Have you tried flashing CWM directly?
    Sl33p3r likes this.
  5. Sl33p3r

Sl33p3r Active Member

Thanks everyone! I was forgetting to re-flash the rooted kernel via CWM :eek:
  6. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Welcome to the club, Sl33p3r. :D