Can't boot into recovery mode anymore

1. swevrywhere

swevrywhere Member

I currently have CM 6.1.2 on my original Moto Droid and wish to upgrade to the latest 7.0.0 RC. My problem is that I can't boot into recover mode to backup my current ROM or install new ones. I currently have CM Recover 2.5.0.1. I have seen recommendations to flash the alternate recovery (SPRecovery) and back to CMR, but every time I try, I get the error "an error occurred while flashing your recovery." I have tried booting into recovery about 10x, and it hasn't worked once since I installed CM 6.1.2.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

PS - If this isn't the best place to post this, please let me know where would be better :)

Advertisement
  2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

I would suggest you go to the droid all things root section. Use rom manager flash an older version of clockwork and try to get into recovery. If you are using the boot into recovery method try powering the phone off and turning it on while holding down x
  3. swevrywhere

swevrywhere Member

Neither of these work. Flashing other versions of clockwork fail, and the method where you hold x with the power button doesn't work either. Any other ideas?
  4. Yeahha

Open titanium backup to make sure you are still rooted. Also have you downloaded any new apps recently?
  5. swevrywhere

swevrywhere Member

Titanium Backup Pro says I'm rooted (BusyBox 1.16.0 from app). Since I last updated the OS several months ago, I have installed many apps in the meantime. All pretty normal apps though, from the official Android market.
  6. Yeahha

Looks like a problem with rom manager. Check out this thread