• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't boot into recovery

I am having problems with my NC running CM7 off the SD card. Several apps disappeared off the NC for some unexplained reason. I was able to re-install some, but Kindle says it is not compatible with my device, and Pulse downloads and stops the installation with the error message that there is insufficient storage available (clearly not the case). I have cleared all the caches and deleted market updates, but nothing is working. I still can't install Kindle or Pulse.

I try to boot into recovery using ROM Manager and the other way when you power off the unit, and the same thing always happens. The unit shows the penguin, a dozen lines of good stuff (hard to read it comes and goes fast), then power off. No time or no way to select menu items (none presented anyways).

Any ideas?? thanks!

Reactions: Cameron R
Upvote 0
Well first thing I have to say is thanks for your help Colchiro! Do you realize you have more "thanks" than posts? Pretty outstanding record!

Anyways, I checked the SD and it was fine. I then updated to CM7.1 RC on the SD and still had problems. I am not sure what was up with CWM and why it wasn't on the SD, maybe I could have tried to install it to the SD again? Would that have worked?

In the end I decided to partition the eMMC because I have a BN 1.2 unit and then install CM7.1 RC to the internal memory and install GAPPS. This did not work either. I decided to forge ahead and install CM7.1 encore. This didn't work either, but I had a clue, the Gmail account wouldn't set up, the system only gave me the option to setup a Corporate account (email server, NO Gmail account could be input!). I reinstalled GAPPS and that fixed everything! I have it all setup perfect and backed up too.

Upvote 0
Glad you got it figured out. RC is quite old. Glad you updated to the latest stable. Too many changes to update to a nightly build these days, unless a good one eeks thru.

Read it again, over 4600 posts, but I was thanked less than 800 times... that means I goof off/screw up/forget to show up, 80% of the time. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones