Can't Browse the WebSupport

Last Updated:

1. Masouma

Masouma Member This Topic's Starter

Here's another noobish Qs :
    could rooting my device affect browsing in any way?
    the thing is my connection was fine until I installed Universal Androot then for some reason it stopped browsing everything. I'm still connected to wifi but I get Web Page is not Available as if it's not connected at all!!
    I tried : unrooting, removing SD card, using static IP, what I don't want to try is resetting. Is there any way to fix this?
    I've found this thread http://androidforums.com/sony-erics...xperia-x10-issue-internet-not-connecting.html which didn't help much
    since I don't have Android Market :confused:
    TY:D

Advertisement
  2. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I looked about, but was not able to find anything. Since I am not a rooter that was the limit on my rooting experience. Hopefully one of the Root Members will be along with a solution for you.

Good Luck!

Masouma likes this.
  3. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

If you're using wifi I suggest you reset your router and reset your phone as well. Rooting shouldn't change anything, especially not on wifi.

Masouma likes this.
  4. Masouma

I did reset both the router and my phone b4 posting here, forgot to mention that thu!!
    Well, it worked fine this morning just to forget what wifi is for few minutes later then back on its tracks, and the whole thing starts all over again; forgets, remembers then forgets!!
    This phone's very moody!! :p

5. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

What firmware do you have on it cos there is a bug in the 024/026 firmware that drops wifi when your signal bars drop down too low. Next time it does it have a look and see how many bars you've got. Again another thing we know they are aware of and hopefully will fix in the update.

And as the phones name is Rachel, I'm guessing she's like the rest of us ladies... we have our good days and we have our bad days:D

Masouma likes this.
  6. Masouma

it's 026 alright, but every time I check the signal it says it's good and the bars r high!!! If it's a bug then I hope they fix it soon cuz it's annoying.

I call it Androma, now I'm guessing she didn't like the name so much that her bipolar condition worsened and contracted the mood swings days to hours LOL