Can't browse to site with invalid certificateSupport

Last Updated:

1. Canefan

Canefan Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've started one thread about this already, but the thread got hijacked by people posting general wifi connectivity issues so I thought that I'd start a new thread now that I've narrowed down what the issue is.

I work in a hospital that has a public wifi network that requires you to accept a terms and conditions page before being allowed to browse. My Droid connects to the router with no problem but when I attempt to browse and get redirected to the T&C page I get the message that the page does not exist or may have moved. When I browse with my laptop on the network (MacPro) I first get a notification that the site has an invalid (self-signed) certificate. I can then add an exception for the site and then am redirected to the T&C page.

So my question is, does anyone know of a way to add an exception for self-signed or invalid certificates so that I can use this network? BTW I tried the Dolphin browser and have the same problem. ANY help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Canefan

Canefan Active Member This Topic's Starter

Bump

Anyone???:confused:

3. KevinT

KevinT Member

I am still having the same issue. I did find out tonight that my droid will open up a website with an invalid cert after giving a warning. I have a few ideas to try tomorrow but I doubt they will work

here is the site I tested the invalid cert with

https://www.softec.st/en/Support/SoftecRootCaCertificate.html