Cant buy paid apps....HelpSupport

Last Updated:

1. The Shadow

The Shadow Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, I am on 02 having owned my nexus one for a couple of months and tried to get a paid app for the first time but... i entered allmy card details etc etc then when go to register it just keeps coming up with server error every time. I have rebooted phone and still the same,however i can get free apps no problem. I hope somebody can help.

Advertisement
  2. gavinjb

gavinjb Member

I have just got a HTC Wildfire on Vodafone and I get exactly the same problem, would like to know how to solve this.

3. Soupdragon

Soupdragon Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it's still an issue but for UK users who accepted google's prompting to switch from a "googlemail" account to a "gmail" account - that caused problems with the app store. I did it then had to switch back to googlemail cos could no longer access appstore (and a couple of other things that I can't remember just atm...) It's something to do with Gtalk being needed for the market
    You could do a search for more info if you think it could be something to do with that.
    http://www.google.com/support/forum...n&fid=35ae480b5fa3f9cf00048692dd03e103&hltp=2

4. gavinjb

gavinjb Member

5. Soupdragon

The work-around in the link is for people who have already switched from googlemail to gmail.
    If you've done that (changed to gmail from googlemail) I think you have to create the gmail settings in your phone - don't think it happens automatically.
    From the link you provided it seems that once you have the gmail settings on your phone then going in and clearing the cache as they describe will unglitch the phone.
    Sorry, I'm not really very clued up on this - I chickened out and deleted my gmail settings, went back to googlemail and everything was fine from there on. I have no intention of switching to gmail until google sort it out properly.
    BTW - even tho' on my googlepage it shows me as *****@googlemail.com I only ever use *****@gmail.com when giving emails and logins.

6. gavinjb

gavinjb Member

not sure if I can do that as I signed up after new accounts (to my knowledge) are with gmail.com, but the apps I were looking at are nice to have and not essentail at the moment so I will wait and see if Google come up with a fix.

7. Soupdragon

Oh ok, if you never had a googlemail a/c then it's likely my post was a red herring.
    Hope you get it worked out ok.

8. The Shadow

The Shadow Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the replies, i have sussed it! It has nothing to do with googlemail being gmail, what i did was i went to google checkout on my pc, then logged in with my googlemail account details then entered my credit card details then hey presto i can download paid apps via my nexus one....easy really...not!