Can't calibrate keyboard on HTC Desire

Last Updated:

1. T-money

T-money Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I bought my HTC Desire a few weeks ago in Korea and I have trouble with the keyboard detecting my touch properly. I tried to go calibrate the damn thing but when I go into Settings<language and keyboard the only options available are Select Local which leads to either Korean or English language and DioPen IME which leads to a bunch of options but none of which are keyboard calibrate. Is there anyway for me to calibrate the keyboard? I've tried downloading different keyboards from the market to see if they work better but when I select them in the language and keyboard folder they still don't work so I don't know what to do. Someone please help

Advertisement
  2. marcjohnson

marcjohnson Well-Known Member

Keyboard>touch input>text input.

3. marcjohnson

Pretty sure you can only do this with the stock keyboard though, I struggled to find it when I used better keyboard but I didn't really look to hard and gave up.

4. T-money

I tried that but I don't get the >touch input>text input when I go into the language and keyboard menu. All I get when I go to language and keyboard is Select Local which leads to either Korean or English language and DioPen IME which leads to a bunch of options but none of which are keyboard calibrate. Should my phone have this option or is is something to do with my cell phone carrier here in korea?

5. marcjohnson

Are you using the stock keyboard?

6. T-money

Yeah I haven't made any changes to it. Alghough I can't find the option to switch between different types of keyboard (standard qwerty etc.) so maybe not. How do i figure that out. This really sucks. Even the HTC website says I should go into laguages and keyboard and then text input to calibrate but I don't even get this option.

7. hc.chua

hc.chua New Member

I contacted HTC with regards to this problem and this is their reply:

Thank you for contacting HTC. With reference to your query,we are sorry to inform you that HTC doesn't preload the calibration tool on HTC Desire Asia unit.

When I asked them when users can expect it to be included, their reply was:

we regret to inform you that so far we haven't been informed whether or when that HTC Desire calibration update will be released or not.We would suggest that you may check our official website from time to time for any possible update to this model.On the other hand,we suggest you may search on the internet or android market to find out whether there are some 3rd party softwares can help you or not.

Looks like we are on our own. HTC is not going to bother about this. Not sure why such an important tool get left out in the Asian ROM and when users feedback, the only response that we get is the email equivalent of "ass-luck". Not even an attempt to get their technical team to be aware of this problem. Deeply disappointed with their tech support.

8. T-money

Do you think it'll be part of HTC's Sense UI Android 2.2 update?

9. hc.chua

hc.chua New Member

We can only hope. I just hope that there is some official workflow within HTC that allow such feedback to reach their software development team. Rumours has it that 2.2 will be out in a couple of months. We will know soon enough.