• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't call out but can receieve calls

MZero

Lurker
Jan 13, 2012
I was undergoing the process of getting my phone out of test mode for the second time (First time happened like 5 months ago) and (This is the only thing I remember doing any differently and most likely where I flubbed up) when i was referring to the System NAM1 Picture, I noticed that there was a difference in my ACCOLC (It was two at the time) and my preferred voice option for home p... (The first of the trio) It was EVRC. So genius me thought to change the values to match what I saw online, proceeded as normal and I thought my phone was fine, Up until I was on the phone with CS and couldn't dial, well the phone was literally not dialing, so CS told me to go to a store and see if they could get it fixed. So after hanging up, I tried *228, Busy signal and Unsuccessful message. Then some time goes by, I try again, same issue, So i use my house phone to call it, and the phone rings, I hear myself on it, and everything is normal, just...can't make outgoing calls.

I know its not my bill because it's paid, so now I turn to the experts (You guys) for help.

Ah, I should also mention that it's Rooted running Number 2 v2.8.1.

Its not a prl issue, I am currently using 3032. But the Prl File was placed in the \LG Electronics folder. not to mention, even If i were to try to update my prl automatically, after inputting *228 in my phone, it would return with a busy signal-Like sound then say that it was unsuccessful in connecting.

Also Thank you for the greeting.

Upvote 0
Thats because u dont have data connection so u may have put the prl file in the wrong folder try and use lgpnst and pick nam1 not lg esteem nam1

I still do have Data, Like 4g LTE and such, and I would assume that if the prl file was an issue I wouldn't be able to Get texts or calls.

But I did as you suggested, Still the same result, tried calling 2 different people, Screen shows Dialing (no call timer, so it's "trying" to dial the number" I would assume) and after maybe 15 seconds I now get a "No signal" and a Call has been Lost error (Thats new) Or I get the regular old "Network Busy" with a "Call has been lost" error.

Upvote 0
and couldn't dial, well the phone was literally not dialing. So after hanging up, I tried *228, Busy signal and Unsuccessful message. Then some time goes by, I try again, same issue. So I use my house phone to call it, and the phone rings. I hear myself on it, and everything is normal, just...can't make outgoing calls.

after inputting *228 in my phone, it would return with a busy signal-Like sound then say that it was unsuccessful in connecting.

I still do have Data, Like 4g LTE and such, and I would assume that if the prl file was an issue I wouldn't be able to Get texts or calls.

Still the same result, tried calling 2 different people, Screen shows Dialing (no call timer, so it's "trying" to dial the number" I would assume) and after maybe 15 seconds I now get a "No signal" and a Call has been Lost error (Thats new) Or I get the regular old "Network Busy" with a "Call has been lost" error.

Hey MZero, did you ever resolve this issue?

I have the same exact problem. I can't get any calls to connect. It just sits there at "Dialing" and gives off the same messages you described. While the call is trying to connect, the dialpad isn't useable. The button to bring it up is there, but not working.

The phone is working great everywhere else; 4G w/full bars, can receive calls without issue, no force closes, etc. While on a received call, I can use the dialpad with no problem to make a 3-way call, and it connects successfully.

I don't know what the issue could be.

Thank,

JSB

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones