• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't change display sleep time

Easy fix. Go to security and change your "automatically lock" to a different time. If you change it to 2 mins you go back and can change the display sleep time to 15,30 1 min and 2 mins
Screenshot_20161109-214841.png
Screenshot_20161109-215040.png

Upvote 0
I have tried this "fix" to no avail. I just had to replace the one I got back in July due to overheating and battery issues, now this one no matter what setting I have the sleep and lock screen set to it turns off 30 seconds at most. Makes playing games, reading Facebook, and reading emails and newsletters for work really difficult.

Upvote 0
I just had this same problem I couldn't get my screen to stay on for more than 30 seconds so I did these two steps and now my phone stays on for 2 minutes.

1st go to "SECURITY" in ur settings then click on "SCREEN LOCK" and click on the lil green gear on the right hand side of the word then click on "AUTOMATICALLY LOCK" and pick the mins u want.
"THEN"
2nd go to "DISPLAY" click on it then click on "SLEEP" and select the mins u clicked on when u did the 1st steps.

Upvote 0
If you really want the correct answer, and the previous answers have not worked, then hears the correct answer

Turn off battery saver,

I was looking here for the same reason, display timed out at 30sec and I couldn't change it, it was blanked out, I tried the above solutions which didn't work ! Then I noticed that battery saver was on, so I turned it off, and then was able to change the the sleep screen time out, which had already automatically turned back to 2 mins anyway

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones