• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can't change gmail primary email account

overeducated

Lurker
Apr 27, 2010
OK I've read all of google's explanations but still.... When I bought the Moto Droid I already had a google account (WITH NO GMAIL account). In order to access the apps Market, it forced me to sign up for a gmail account and assigned me a gmail address. This address now appears as the primary address in google however I sign in. It doesn't allow me to swap the google primary email address to my work email address (which used to be the primary email address before). Normally I wouldn't care. However, new goggle chrome extensions insist on using my (unwanted) gmail to communicate with me, even though I signed into google with my work email address. If I delete gmail from my main google account (which you can do ) - will this affect my droid experience? For ex, downloading apps and getting invoices for apps purchases?
By the way, I am using Moxier with Exchange and loving it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones