Can't change input method

1. benwalburn

benwalburn Well-Known Member

I downloaded the newest swype beta and SwiftKey Flow but I can't enable either of them. I had to reboot to make the check boxes stick, but whenever I try to use one of those, selecting swype or SwiftKey results in no keyboard changes.

Anyone have any ideas why it's doing this? I'm using Shinjutsu with the newest alien kernel

Advertisement
    :
  2. 5toneyboy

5toneyboy New Member

I'm having the same problem with the alien kernel I'm try to go back to the XT9 key themed it keep force closing every time i try to use it i also did what you did i try to use it and it want do nothing
  3. MrBobo

MrBobo Well-Known Member

my bet is on a build.prop tweak in the ROM, but you can try a clear dalvik in recovery (advanced in cwm).
  4. benwalburn

I did try wiping, but it didn't help.
    And if it's a build.prop tweak, then why did it work before? This is a new issue
  5. MrBobo

MrBobo Well-Known Member

Sticking toggles sometimes goes back to a build.prop tweak, these can be elusive issues to track down.

Another thing you could try is doing a backup of your apps in titanium, then doing a factory data reset, then restoring just user apps but not any keyboards and no system apps/data.
    denise1624 likes this.
  6. denise1624

denise1624 Active Member

The SAME exact thing happened to me and this was the only option that helped.
  7. benwalburn

I'll try that. I was thinking about trying a new rom anyways, so the timing is good